Position Title: Support Coordinator
For more information text the words "Support Coordinator" to (952) 222-7509
Monday thru Friday 7:00a-3:00p, full time, at our Penn Station location in Bloomington
: $15.00/hour PLUS Benefits!
The Supported Employment Team (SET) Coordinator works directly with people with persons served on their job site(s). The purpose of this position is to plan and manage individualized service programs for people with disabilities served by Opportunity Partners, and to supervise the individuals as they work on a Supported Employment Team. The SET Coordinator's typical duties include, but are not limited to, working with persons served and other team members in the following ways:
- Serve as Opportunity Partners’ primary contact with the business customer, ensuring customer satisfaction while advocating for persons served
- Assist person served with their job duties while on the job
- Provide direction to individuals in conjunction with program objectives, and schedule, train and supervise individuals at their job site
- Serve as a job coach/life coach as needed
- Arrange for transportation to and from the job site
- Communicate with case managers, guardians, and other Interdisciplinary Team Members in a timely and professional manner
- Write and prepare formal reports
- Manage annual assessments and determine a course of action.
- Assure compliance with regulatory reporting required by company policy and by the Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Designated Coordinator status is required and must be met through one of the following
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to human services AND 1 year of full time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities
- Associate's degree in a field related to human services AND 2 years of full time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities
- Diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited post-secondary institution AND 3 years of full time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities
- Minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities AND 4 years of full time work experience providing direct care to people with disabilities
- Valid driver's license, motor vehicle insurance, and reliable vehicle
Other skills we look for:
- Knowledge of disability populations, positive supports, and person centered planning
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize work
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize and develop work site procedures
- Ability to analyze jobs in relation to people served abilities
- Ability to react quickly in emergency situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Work, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to develop ideas and innovative approaches
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional rapport with a diverse group of people
Why Opportunity Partners?:
Join our award-winning team where you’ll do life-changing work! As part of a mission-focused nonprofit that values impact, choice, heart and partnership in our community, we will train you for success! As an OP employee, you will earn more than just a paycheck. You will get the chance to make a big impact on your community, while also getting some great perks including:
- Competitive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, as well as paid and floating holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- 403(b) retirement savings
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee discounts
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Paid on the job training and orientation
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
- You can even bring your pet to work (depending on location)!
Join the Opportunity Partners team and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve. Earn competitive wages, on the job training, and excellent benefits at one of Minnesota’s most respected social service agencies. Help us #RedefineAbility.
Opening Minds. Changing Lives. Together.
Opportunity Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.